October marks the beginning of fiscal year 2018 for the federal government. To kick off the first quarter, we have marked up the top trending stories from the first few weeks in October.
This week’s Markup features the following news stories and publications beginning with National Cyber Security Awareness Month. This is an annual campaign run by the Department of Homeland Security to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. Following that, we look at Lauren William’s piece on FCW discussing the U.S. Navy’s new process for collaborative IT contracts. We wrap the video up by discussing a few selected bills that were recently approved by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. These bills include the FITARA Enhancement Act of 2017, Hack the Department of Homeland Security Act, and the Connected Government Act.
Tune into The Markup for a quick overview of what’s been going on.
Have a story that you’d like featured in the Markup? Send it to email@example.com.
October events you will see us at this month are listed below. We encourage you to introduce yourself and say hello if you happen to see us out at one of these events!
- October 11, 2017 – Modernization Summit hosted by FCW
- October 13, 2017 – 2017 Gain Conference hosted by Government Marketing University
- October 18, 2017 – CyberTalks hosted by CyberScoop
- October 19, 2017 – Oct 2017 AFCEA Breakfast | New Faces, New Places – Innovation
- October 19, 2017 – Young AFCEA Bethesda’s Fiscal New Year Networking Event
- October 26, 2017 – Digital Transformation Summit