VA PTSD BPA
The National Center for PTSD was created in 1989 within the Department of Veterans Affairs in response to a Congressional mandate (PL 98-528) to address the needs of Veterans with military-related PTSD. The mandate called for a center of excellence that would set the agenda for research and education on PTSD without direct responsibility for patient care.
The National Center for PTSD issues RFQs for task orders against this BPA. The task orders focus on creating training, mobile phone applications, and educational products on PTSD for Veterans and the general public as well as clinicians.
•Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) via BPA Order
• Maximum threshold of $1,000,000 per Order
• Agreement ceiling rate of $4,500,000
• 5 year period of performance
• Developing, revising, or updating educational and training curriculum
• Developing new educational products
• Creating videos to insert into existing products or stand alone, workbooks, and visual aids
• Developing new or converting existing curriculum material into a format that can be delivered by Web-based learning (eLearning)
• Developing a plan for the creation of educational products and training for the NPCTSD Website
• Developing phone application(s) for the iphone, android, or other hand held device
• Incorporating User Interface/User Experience strategy and best practices into the design/development of educational products
• Leveraging cloud technologies to deploy custom, secure, eLearning courses and modules
Industry Best Practices
MetroStar’s commitment to quality management ensures consistent, high-quality, and disciplined delivery. This delivery is based on industry recognized, enterprise-wide standards of excellence from the CMMI Institute and the International Organization for Standardization.