The U.S. Census Bureau’s (USCB) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) framework is a multi-award small business Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA). Under the SE&I contract vehicle, MetroStar Systems supports the USCB by incorporating mature, agile, and flexible delivery systems, which are aligned to the goals and objective of the SE&I initiative.
The Census SE&I vehicle can also be used across the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Census SE&I contract holders support the SE&I initiatives’ four primary goals for improving the systems engineering and integrating capabilities and competencies throughout the USCB enterprise.
Those goals are:
1. Mature IT program/project solution integration and delivery
2. Deliver consistent SE&I support
3. Increase SE&I skillsets
4. Create a culture of sharing leading practices and innovations
Other features of the Census SE&I contract are:
• A multiple award Enterprise Solution Framework
• Period of performance: 7 years (September 2015 – September 2022)
• Work orders are issued on a time and materials, labor hour, or firm fixed price basis (FFP)
• Enterprise architecture
• Systems engineering & integration
• Process development & management
• Knowledge transfer/information sharing
• Collaboration and electronic workplace
• Data management technology
• Networking & telecommunications
• Platform and storage domain
• Security domain
• Application technology & development
• Big data
• Cloud computing
• Mobile application development
• Human-computer interaction and user experience (UX) design
• Data access and visualization
• Business process engineering
• Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
INDUSTRY BEST PRACTICES
MetroStar’s commitment to quality management ensures consistent, high-quality, and disciplined delivery. This delivery is based on industry recognized, enterprise-wide standards of excellence from the CMMI Institute and the International Organization for Standardization.