• 3 year period of performance
• Cost and fixed price Task Orders
• No time and material (T&M) orders
• No undefinitized orders
• Multiple Award Contract
The 22 functional areas within the scope of the contracts are as follows:
1. Research and development support
2. Engineering, system engineering and process engineering support
3. Modeling, simulation, stimulation, and analysis support
4. Prototyping, pre-production, model-making, and fabrication support
5. System design documentation and technical data support
6. Software engineering, development, programming, and network support
7. Reliability, maintainability, and availability (RM&A) support
8. Human factors, performance, and usability engineering support
9. System safety engineering support
10. Configuration Management (CM) support
11. Quality Assurance (QA) support
12. Information System (IS) development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) support
13. Inactivation and disposal support
14. Interoperability, test and evaluation, trials support
15. Measurement facilities, range, and instrumentation support
16. Logistics support
17. Supply and provisioning support
18. Training support
19. In-service engineering, fleet introduction, installation and checkout support
20. Program support
21. Functional and administrative support
22. Public affairs and multimedia support
MetroStar Systems is thoroughly committed to ensuring quality products, services, and solutions. To better serve our customers needs and to ensure the continuation of high quality performance from our team members, MetroStar Systems will use an established Web-based quality management system. At MetroStar, quality extends far beyond inspection of the final product; our quality management system is a part of our contract, cost, and management approach. As part of our quality management system, we continuously pursue opportunities to improve current quality assurance practices to ensure we are providing deliverables that are technically accurate and meet all applicable content and format requirements.
Our quality management system reflects commitment to comply with industry standard procedures and best practices for continuous process improvement within the entire program. The major components of the program support project planning, process development, record keeping/audit, and financial controls, and are critical to the efficient management of products, services, and solutions provided to the customer. Managing change and ensuring performance from future team members are the goals of MetroStar’s quality management system.
MetroStar Systems will also provide corrective action plans when necessary. These plans include a documented definition of the problem or improvement opportunity; a determination of who is responsible to take action at MetroStar; investigation into the problem or improvement; a determination of the corrective or preventative action to be taken; and documentation of that action along with feedback. Paramount to identifying problems or improvements is the management of follow-up efforts. The corrective action plan additionally provides a follow-up schedule for taking action on problems and improvements, allows for updates to a status tracker, and ends with a management review of document changes to procedures that affect the product, service, or solution.
Implementing the established MetroStar Systems Web based quality management system will result in consistently high quality products, services, and solutions with clear and concise methods for problem resolution. Following standard procedures will ensure that MetroStar Systems and management work closely to significantly reduce risk associated with making procedural changes impacting customer products, services, and solutions. Continuous feedback enables responsive problem and improvement solutions, quality awareness, and the completion of high quality products, services, and solutions at low risk.
MetroStar Systems is the sole awardee on this contract.
For more information on MetroStar’s SeaPort-e contract vehicle, please contact the following:
Mr. Robert J. Santos
1856 Old Reston Avenue, Suite 100
Reston, VA 20190
Ms. Neysa Spence
1856 Old Reston Avenue, Suite 100
Reston, VA 20190-3330
Phone: 703.481.9581 ext 4500 Fax: 703.722.8743
Industry Best Practices
MetroStar’s commitment to quality management ensures consistent, high-quality, and disciplined delivery. This delivery is based on industry recognized, enterprise-wide standards of excellence from the CMMI Institute and the International Organization for Standardization.